Colorado Bee Vac
- Requires 2nd manipulation to get bees into hive.
- Uses dedicated vacuum.
- 10 frame model only
- Fixed length 1-1/4″ hose
- Dumps debris and dead bees on top of hive
- Adjusting suction puts strain on vac motor
- Fixed capacity, may require additional box for large colonies
Bushkill Bee Vac*
- One shot design, no stressing the bees a 2nd time to get them into a hive.
- Uses standard wet/dry shop vac.
- 8 and 10 frame models available.
- No dumping dead bees or debris on top of frames.
- Unite brood/queen on site.
Owen's Bee Vac
- Small volume, easily overheats
- Not expandable to accommodate large colonies
- Round cage with smaller hole, more stress to get bees out
- Can not leave bees in vac for extended period of time
* Bushkill bee vac price is for base unit and assumes you have a wet/dry shop vac and hive bodies. If you need to purchase a vacuum to use, figure adding an additional $50 – $100 depending on which vacuum you buy.